Monday, February 24, 2014

St. Patrick's Day :: Lucky Charm Treats


I made these last year and they disappeared immediately.  And every time we went to the grocery store since then they have begged for Lucky Charms.  Finally, it was February and I could rationalize buying these to "test the recipe" and "make sure it was still good."  My kids rejoiced and ate.  So I had to go back and buy a second box to have enough cereal to make a batch!  



3 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
3 cups Lucky Charms Cereal (marshmallows removed)
1 ½ cups Lucky Charms Marshmallows (cereal removed)
40 regular sized marshmallows (about 10 ounces)
¼ cup butter

Grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan and set aside.  Mix together cereals + Lucky Charms marshmallows in a bowl.  In a 4 quart sauce pan over low heat, melt together butter and marshmallows, stirring often, until everything is melted.  Pour in cereal mixture and stir very gently until all of the cereal is coated in marshmallow.  Spread mixture into prepared pan and do not pat down.  Grease the tips of your fingers with butter and gently pat mixture into the corners. 

Let sit at least one hour.  Cut into squares and serve.  Delish.





2 comments:

Valley & Co. {Aleah + Nick} said...

Yum! Funny you posted this - amidst my healthy pregnancy diet yesterday a craving for Lucky Charms came upon me. Now I know what to do with them! {A}

Lulu the Baker said...

Oh my gosh, GENIUS!! How have I never thought of this before. I'm definitely making these for St. Patrick's Day this year!