Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Northwest Flower & Garden Show

Today I am speaking at the Northwest Flower and Garden show at 3:15 on the DIY Stage - you should come.  I'm presenting several recipes (and a cocktail) using garden fresh produce.  Even if you don't have a huge vegetable garden, you can still plant a few edibles around (in sunny spots).  Herbs are particularly easy and they are generally content in any planter anywhere.  You can grow herbs on a kitchen counter if you'd like.  If you stick them in the ground, you may end up with more than you ever bargained for - and thus my talk today on what to do with them.  Join me!

Last night I got to preview the gardens at a charming little soiree.  There was an auction, a movie screening, the mayor, Cisco, and amazing gardens.  If you are headed to the show today, you are in for a treat.  The gardens are amazing.  AMAZING.  I may have even changed my mind about Monkey Pod Trees.  Maybe.

I snapped a few photos on my phone.  The plants and gardens are way better in real life.


I hope I see you this afternoon!




No comments: